Icing (for approx. 24 brownies):
1 cup confectioners' sugar
A few drops of vanilla extract
1 Tbsp hot water
- Sift the sugar into a bowl, then add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in the hot water until the mixture is the consistency of thick cream.
- Cover each brownie with icing.
- Make a second batch of icing, this time adding a few drops each of red and yellow food coloring until the icing is orange.
- Put the icing into a piping bag (if you don't have a piping bag, you can put the icing into a plastic bag and cut a very small hole in the bottom corner).
- To make a cobweb design: make fine, concentric circles with the colored icing starting from the center and working outwards.
- Using a toothpick, pull the colored icing from the center to the outside edge, dividing the brownie into quarters then repeat to divide into eighths.